Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crude

Crude saw hard downside price action today. Range was $3.77 on expanding volume.

How's that for a thrust? Geez. Appears that I called the completion of the triangle 18,000 points to soon. Obviously, e or [e] was not complete, if there is even an e down here.

The chart clearly shows a 3 wave structure thus far. In my defense, you can see why it looked possible for the triangle to have finished. You can get 3 down to the 69.27 L, at channel support with a nice fib relationship.

I don't like my degree's. Feels like they should be a notch (or two) higher. This would suggest the minute scenario. In which case, I would be right in my assessment of an ABC down to the 69.27 L.

Critical support is the 67.66 L. Should that be violated then the triangle, as I have labeled, would be off the table.

There is also the possibility that [c] is a complex leg and will be a double zigzag. C leg's are typically complex anyway (p. 52 Elliott Wave Principle). It would actually make for nicer symmetry in my opinion.

I'm not hell bent on this having to be a triangle. It very well could be some combination, as discussed in previous posts.

This we do know, structure is putting in a bunch of 3's since the 75.83 H. Only 4's, B's or X's sport triangle's. We are in a B or 4th wave. Triangle legs come in 3's.

Bottom line - I will assume we are tracing a triangle until proven otherwise. It does not appear that we are finished with this current leg. Watch the 67.66 area should we trade down there.

All prices basis November contract.

No comments:

Post a Comment