Thursday, September 3, 2009

ES

Another pretty slow action day in the equity markets. Range was 13 handles on extremely light volume.

It appears that minuette wave (iv) is still in process. We clearly had a 5-3-5 structure off the 991 L. I have labeled this as a sub-minuette w wave.

Price action off the 1004.25 H (nailed by Koolio) was choppy and just didn't feel or look like a 5. I believe it is an x wave. This means that (iv) will be a combination ( two separate correctives).

It's unclear if the second sub-minuette degree abc is complete. My guess is that it has more to go, but it's close. Notice that we do not have that classic RSI divergence as of yet.

y = w at 1004.50. y = 161.8% of w at 1012.75. I have the retracement levels (black) on the chart.

There is the chance that the leg down to the 991.25 L was indeed a 5. If so, this could complete (v), thus finishing minute [i]. I don't think this is the case, but be aware of that possibility.

Once we finish this y leg, it will gives us two sets of small 5's. If we go on and trace a third 5, that will increase the odds that [i] completed. This might fit in with the KoolsTools timing cycles, which called for a low based on the 8/25 and 8/28 daily's.

Regardless of the retrace, I believe structure suggests that lower prices are ahead of us. It doesn't necessarily mean that the bear rally is exhausted, though it certainly could be.

As previously stated, I need to see the channel from the March lows taken out before I can join that camp.

I will patiently await a setup that allows me to put on a short line via puts. I'm hoping this pig has enough in it to get up to the 1012-1014ish area at minimum. I would like to see the base channel hold the retrace if possible.

Line in the sand for a beashish case would be the 1027.75 H imo.

No comments:

Post a Comment